Monday, May 21, 2012

Moving On Up

   Growing up, I was always wishing that I was already done with high school so that I could get on with my life. However, now that I am here, becoming a senior, I find myself a little nervous as to what the future holds. I am not wishing that I was a kid again by any means but I am a little nervous and curious as to what it will be like as a senior. My year as a junior in high school has been hectic to say the least. I have always heard, growing up, that the eleventh grade year is the hardest and, up until now, I always thought that was a bunch of bologne. Now that I have gone through my junior year, I believe that it really was the hardest year that I have ever been through. It has not been aweful, per say, but it was incredibly stressful. Taking Pre-AP Precalculus and Chemistry as well as English 11, which is definitely not my strong suit, has kept me working hard and kind of stressed all year. Throw in taking the ACT test for the first time and looking for potential colleges and I have had a busy eleventh grade year to say the least. I do, however, believe that in the long run this especially trying year will benefit me. It helped me get ready for the stresses of college and life in general. I am very excited to be a senior in the class of 2013, though I am nervous as to what the future holds. It relieves me greatly to have earned almost all of the credits that I need to graduate in my junior year so that my senior schedule can be comprised of more classes that I want to take, rather than those that I am required to take. I think that my senior year will be amazing and one of the best years of school that I have experienced yet, and my slight nervousness is definitely not enough to hold me back from enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment