Monday, May 21, 2012

How Far Would You Go?

     When put into threatening situations, people may be surprised to find just what extent they would go to to their own, or even another's, life. I like to believe that, if put into such a situation, I would do the right thing and do whatever it takes to save somebody else's life, even over my own. However, I do believe that in some circumstances, my own instincts would take over and cause me to save myself. I do believe, though, that if the other person was a member of my family, I would not hesitate to sacrifice my own life to save their's. There is nothing that I would not do for my family in a life-or-death situation. Whether it be trying my best to save them from their own self-destruction or physically fighting someone who is threatening them, I would do it for my family. For my friends, I would do many things, though it would not be quite as instinctual to save them as it would be for me to save a family member. I would try my best to ensure their survival, but if I were to fail, though I would miss them and feel guilty, life would go on. Though I am ashamed to admit it, my pets rank high on my lift of beings that I would fight to save if something aweful were to happen. Most people do not get as attached to their pets and ultimately view them as replacable. I however, would even go so far as to risk my own health and well being for that of my pets. Everybody has a different scale of what extent they would go to to ensure the survival of themselves, others, and even pets. Mine is definitely out of the ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment