Monday, November 1, 2010

Behind Those Eyes

  I've listened to the band 3 Doors Down for a while now and there's one song that has kind of stuck with me. I looked up the lyrics to the song Behind Those Eyes and realized just how true the lyrics are. In my opinion, this song accurately describes what it feels like to be lied to by someone that you care about. It shows not only how it feels when you know you're being lied to, but also the aftermath left behind when it is over. 
  The song says in the beginning, "You said 'I've got somthing to say', then you got that look in your eye. 'There is something you've got to know'. You said it as you started to cry. 'I've been down the wrong road tonight and I swear i'll never go there again.' I've seen that face once before and I don't think I can do this again". I love this quote because it depicts some of what may be felt when you know that somebody is lying to you and yet, refuses to tell you the truth, even when they know that you know that they have been lying to you. It shows the exhaustion, both mental and emotional, that is caused by the constant battle going on between the liar and the person being lied to.
  Somewhere toward the end of the song, it states:"You say that you're sorry and you say now that it hurts you the same. Is there something here to believe or is it just another part of the game?" To me, this shows that not only is the lie itself hurtful, but the damage that it leaves in its wake is something that does not go away for a long time. From experience, being lied to destroys all of the trust that is had for the person that lies. Everything they say from then on is questioned as to whether or not they are telling the truth, or just telling yet another lie.
  All in all, this is a great song that really speaks a great truth. Many songs have great meaning, you just have to listen carefully and try to decipher it. Behind Those Eyes by 3 Doors Down is a song that I feel many people could improve upon themselves by listening to.

Here are the lyrics to the song: http://www.metrolyrics.com/behind-those-eyes-lyrics-3-doors-down.html

No comments:

Post a Comment