Thursday, October 7, 2010

Possibilities

Hope. Possibilities. The chance of a new beginning. These are some of the things that I see when I look at the picture The Dead Forest After the Fire that was taken by Igor Podgorny. It shows a forest that was ravaged by a forest fire. Most people may see this picture and think, "Oh, how aweful!" But I don't. In my opinion, forest fires can be a good thing.
When I look at this picture, I don't see the the death and destruction that is left in the wake of the fire. I see the possibilities of  the things that are yet to come. The picture shows a single sprig of green foliage and I think that this shows that though terrible things have happened, it will get better in time. The plants will regrow and be healthier than ever, the animals will come back and replace those that were too weak or sick to outrun the fire, and things will go back to normal. I think that the fire is natural selection at its finest. Instead of seeing the dreary, ruined forest, I choose to picture a blank slate teeming with possibilities of being filled with life and peace.

Here is the picture : http://media.englishrussia.com/the_dead_forest_after_the_fire/2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment